The kids are very excited about our first "official" recital as homeschoolers. The Boy and Girl will be singing, "America, the Beautiful" and reciting "My Shadow," by Robert LEwis Stevenson. They're excited. And so am I.
This week we majored in socialization. That's not really a concern with us. We do that pretty well. HA!
One conclusion I've come to is that I'm going to need to work with The Boy and The Girl separately on worksheets, etc., especially handwriting. It's definitely becoming much more of a competition thing than I'd like it to be. The Girl is very quick and The Boy needs a bit more time and my full attention. We can't hold The Girl back, and she's chomping at the bit to go onto the next thing -- all the while, The Boy is still selecting his pencil. I KNOW he'll get it. I KNOW he's a boy. I KNOW we're doing the right thing for him. I just didn't realize that The Girl would be so "quick"!!
A brag!
Tomorrow is also The Boy's last soccer game of the year. He's done so very well. He's become quite the little goal tender. He calls it being the "depender." SO CUTE! He's good, too. It's a great spot for him because he isn't tempted to push someone to get to the ball. This year has totally been about the rules and learning about teamwork. He's got it, too! He's had a tremendously patient coach who has been very encouraging to us and to THe Boy. We'll definitely be playing again next year!
The Baby is learning everyone's name. VERY CUTE. She is silly and has also been answering "Sitthhey" (sissy) to everyone when we ask, "Who is this?" and point to someone.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment